Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Recruiting a recruiter to lead talent acquisition for a global edtech organization
Lauren Day, Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- HMH serves more than 50 million students and 3 million educators in 150 countries.
- High focus on candidate experience through employment branding, talent pipeline, recruitment technology, DEI, and ongoing process improvements.
- SRI hire to recruit a TA leader to assume broad responsibility over full lifecycle recruiting.
- HMH needed a dynamic Talent Acquisition leader to join a progressive Human Resources Organization In this most senior talent acquisition role.
- Recognizing the complexity of the labor market in the post-COVID era, HMH re-articulated their Employee Value Proposition earlier this year to embrace a vision where employees feel good about being part of the company because they can be successful, have flexibility, develop for growth, feel cared for, invested in purpose and values, and be their full selves.
- The VP needed to embody this Value Proposition while leading a distributed team responsible for hundreds of job reqs.
- Lauren Day joined HMH coming from a high-growth, global tech company in Boston (HMH headquarters). Her early career included substantial talent acquisition experience working for Microsoft and EMC. Her functional expertise is matched by a passion for the educational mission that is part of HMH’s culture.
Connect with SRI
Join our network, or get in touch with us today.
Join SRI’s network
Unlocking exceptional performance in people, teams & organisations.
Get in touch
We’re happy to help.