Hire an EVP, Global Gaming Lead to scale dentsu Groups newest venture in gaming
Brent Koning, EVP, Global Gaming Lead, dentsu gaming
- dentsu gaming is a start-up that lacked games industry know how and leadership. It is uniquely positioned ad gaming business, part of a global marketing services group, with its own games studio and development capabilities.
- SRI we were mandated to find a credible leader, to devise a global strategy, deliver a roadmap for growth, and a direction for this new global business. It required a candidate who understands brands, agency and the opportunities for brands in gaming. We had to deliver a senior executive from the video games industry.
- The client themselves saw this as a unicorn hire with a very limited talent pool
- The ideal candidate would have experienced life in both a matrixed global organization in the games industry, and also with brands in an ad / marketing agency
- Little flexibility outside of the brief, the board preferred a recognized figure head, with the ability to bring a large network, both in brands and in the games industry to develop new business
- Very difficult to move talent from the games publisher and developer side, into an ad agency
- Brent Koning, previously Global Head of Esports at Electronic Arts, and Head of Gaming at Encompass International, was successfully appointed as EVP, Global Gaming Lead
Connect with SRI
Join our network, or get in touch with us today.
Join SRI’s network
Unlocking exceptional performance in people, teams & organisations.
Get in touch
We’re happy to help.